The mission of the International Home Care Nurses Organization (IHCNO) is to develop and support a vibrant world-wide network of nurses who promote excellence in providing optimal health and well-being to patients living in their homes.
- Communicate, connect and collaborate with other home healthcare nurses around the globe.
- Participate in an international community of nurses who spur one another on to innovation and excellence in home healthcare nursing.
- Add your voice and values to a professional organization advocating for policies which benefit home care patients and the nurses who serve them throughout the world.
- Learn from nurses of diverse cultures, increasing your transcultural knowledge and skill, fostering collegial relationships and promoting better models for patient health and well-being in our migratory world.
- Find (or serve as) a mentor to assist in developing home healthcare education, leadership, research or home healthcare programs.
- Participate in an international nursing organization, which fosters active participation via virtual participation, since the organization is based where the members are, by being a technology-based organization.
Vision for Future Benefits
- Participate in educational programs specific to home healthcare nursing via an online platform.
- Meet annually with other home healthcare nurses who are working to advance home healthcare nursing practice at an international meeting.
- Access Home Healthcare Nurse, an international, interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed journal in its 29th year, via an on-line subscription.
- Become certified in home healthcare nursing, demonstrating your unique knowledge and skills as a home healthcare nurse.
- What other benefits would you like offered? This is YOUR organization. Let’s make it happen together!
The IHCNO was launched in November 2009. Currently membership has benefits, which will grow as the organization grows. Being an all-volunteer organization, we are growing slowly, but we are growing steadily. We welcome you to join us. (To join, e-mail Mary.Narayan@ihcno.org )